If it’ s a summer-drink, then it’ s gin! Did you know, that the second Saturday in June since 2009 is dedicated to gin? Gin is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages. About 120 different ingredients can be used as flavors and active ingredients in the production of gin. There are over 1000 gin cocktail types and the classic one we present to you today. The gin and tonic gets an interesting aroma with a sprig of rosemary.
Just try it out:
- Gin (25 ml gin per glass)
- 125 ml tonic water
- ice cubes
- 1 fresh lemon (organic)
- Rosemary (1-2 sprigs)
- Cucumber slice
- cocktail shaker
- Place the gin glasses before you started in the fridge. Gin must be cold!
- Wash the fresh lemon thoroughly and cut it into slices.
- Add 25 ml of gin (per glass) with the tonic water and ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake the whole thing once vigorously to happy music.
- Fill the finished gin and tonic into the chilled glasses and garnish the drink with a slice of lemon and 1-2 stalks of rosemary.
If you like to garnish your tonic with a classic cucumber. This depends on the particular taste and of course on the gin variety.
TIPP: The best mixing ratio is 1:4 or 1:3.
… and always remember “If life gives you lemons, make Gin & Tonic!“