We present you here the fresh fruity Frozen Strawberry Margarita. The Strawberry Margarita is a cocktail classic from Mexico and one of the most famous tequila drinks in the world. It not only tastes deliciously of fresh strawberries, but is simply the perfect cocktail for a balmy summer evening… fruity, fresh and incredibly delicious.
The recipe requires only a few ingredients, but it is important to pay attention to the quality. Therefore, use strawberries fresh from the field, organic market or even from your own harvest.
Quick tip: If the fruits are red and yield to a light pressure test, then they are ripe and can be harvested. In the off-season, frozen strawberries also perfect.
– Ice / ice cubes (1 cup)
– 10 fresh strawberries (2 for garnish)
– 1 ounce of tequila
– 1/2 ounce triple sec
– 1/2 ounce lime juice
1. Wash the strawberries thoroughly and carefully remove the green stalk with a knife.
2. Blend the fresh washed strawberries with the ice in a blender.
3. Add the tequila, triple sec and lime juice and mix it again once. Allow the liquid to combine with the mixture to make the margarita smooth.
4. Mix your cocktail to your own taste. The more strawberrya you add, the fruitier the drink will be. If you add more ice to the margarita, the thicker the consistency will be.
5. Fill the Frozen Strawberry Margarita into a frosted glass.
6. Garnish the Frozen Strawberry Margarita with 2 strawberries and enjoy the cocktail.
You can always recreate your margarita. Just add other fruits to it eg. Banana, blueberry, mango, peach, pineapple and raspberry complement the strawberry well.
Try your hand at making your own Frozen Strawberry Margarita and enjoy it in the garden or on your balcony!