The cocktail was first served in creator Gaspare Campari’s bar, Caffè Campari, in the 1860s. Originally the cocktail was not called Americano, but Milano-Torino, because the Campari came from Milan (Milano) and the Cinzano from Turin (Torino).
The cocktail became famous through the James Bond movie “Casino Royale”. The British secret agent orders an Americano as his first drink in this movie.
To make you feel like a movie-hero at home – here is the recipe for you:
- Ice Cubes
- 3 cl bitter liqueur (e.g. Campari)
- 3 cl red Vermouth
- 3 cl Soda
- 1 Bio Orange (garnish)
- Put the ice cubes in a tumbler.
- Then add Vermouth Rosso, then Campari with soda water and mix it together.
- Take a zest from the orange for decoration and spread the essential oils on the edge of the glass.
- Serve the final Americano garnished with half an orange slice.
We will give you the license to enjoy and wish you a lot of fun while trying out the recipe.