Are you also looking forward to trick or treat? Here are a some Halloween facts that will get you attention at every upcoming Halloween party.
- Trick-or-treating evolved from the ancient Celtic tradition. To appease the spirits, treats, food and drinks were distributed. Samhain was the name of the Celtic New Year’s Eve and was celebrated the night before the 1st of November.
- The word “witch” comes from the Old English word “Wicca” and means “wise woman”. In fact the Wicca were once highly respected people.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- Black and orange are typically associated with Halloween. The color orange stands for strength, the colorful autumn and the harvest The black symbolizes darkness and reminds us that Halloween was once a celebration of the boundaries between life and death..
- Abracadabra – the legendary magician Harry Houdini died on October 31, 1926.
- Did you know that pumpkins are no vegetables? New Hampshire declared the pumpkin that its state fruit in 2006. It belongs to the fruit vegetables.
Incredible but true… celebrate a great Halloween this year!